Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the event?
What facilities are available?
Transport Links & Parking
Each venue will be unique so we will update this information in social communications prior to any tickets being purchased. We try our best to have venues that do have close public transportation links.
The exact location of the venue and more information on parking and how to get to the venue will be given.
Due to the nature of the event, we want to ensure that all attendees feel comfortable with the styles of shooting (although no art nude, implied nude or above levels will be allowed at the venue). We also encourage any form of cosplay, including those that may be deemed slightly inappropriate for the usual family-friendly conventions. Overall we want everyone to feel comfortable and relaxed in the environment to get the most from the day.
If a Photographer or Cosplayer has something in mind that may infringe on the above rules, please discuss with the team in advance of the event and we’ll see if there’s a way to make an exception. However, all requests will be on a case by case basis and we may not be able to accommodate them depending on the venue.
How accessible are the venues?
Accessibility info will be displayed on our website for each venue so you can see a general overview of the venue before applying. As you progress to purchasing a ticket more specific information regarding the venue will be available.
Please contact a member of the team either via one of our social media platforms or by sending us an email to [email protected].
Does my follower count matter?
We only ask for social media accounts for the purposes of verifying that you are a cosplayer, photographer or videographer.
Why do I need to apply to some of the events?
This is our only criteria for applications, if for any reason that differs for an event we will clearly specify it on the application.
What happens after the applications?
- No metal props such as knives or swords are allowed.
- Fully functional firearms are not permitted, replica guns (including airsoft guns, bb guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns) are forbidden without a brightly coloured safety tip. and props must be safely transported to the venue by concealing them. Any Realistic Imitation Firearms are only allowed to be uncovered inside the venue. Any ammunition for these firearms is strictly forbidden. This includes all projectile weapons such as bows and crossbows.
- All weapons and props must have rounded or blunt edges and/or padded ends and must be incapable of causing harm. String bows are permitted. However, the string must not be tensioned, and tips of the arrows must not be metal and must be blunt or soft. We don’t want any accidents.
- Wooden props are allowed but must not be sharp and must always be carried safely around the event. No swinging of items is permitted, should you need to replicate for a pose, please ensure you have plenty of space around you. These will also need to be safely transported to the venue.
- Glass props are not permitted at the venue due to the risk of shattering.
Secret Con staff reserve the right to inspect all weapons and props for safety. Any failure to follow the event rules, or if we deem the prop, weapon or costume is of a dangerous nature – we will ask the ticket holder to leave the item with crew to be held and collected when attendee is leaving the event.
If you are unsure whether your prop fits within the event guidelines, contact us here
What Photography gear should I bring?
We advise that you pack light where possible. Anything you do bring needs to be battery operated, preferably hand held if possible, but if not small in terms of the space it may take up. We don’t want any potential trip hazards so please be mindful of where you place lighting. Also we ask people not to set up camp in a particular area to ensure that people get fair use of the venue.
Most venues, and also due to insurance purposes do not allow the use of pyrotechnics or smoke. So we ask that you do not use anything like smoke bombs, atmospheric spray unless outside in a ventilated area and not likely to cause any damage, or plug in smoke machines. Battery operated smoke machines may be acceptable with the expressed permission from the organisers. Vaping pens are subject to the venue indoors so please do check first. Drones are also not allowed.
We will make communications regarding this for each event and our resident photographer is always available to check with prior to the event.
We have a gallery to showcase some of the great images produced by attendees at previous events. Check it out by clicking on the link below.
We are beginning to produce our own merchandise range which will be updated for each event. To check out what is available click on the link below to have a look.
For the Community
Company No: 13583558
What is Secret Con?
Secret Con is an event based solely on Cosplay and Photography.
You will all be our Stars of the Show!.. This is a Con by members of the UK Cosplay & Photography community for you!